King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, June 21

My car's not well

not my car, but might as well beFollowing my misadventure with the car whilst reversing up Everest a few months ago, and again causing it to overheat last week to the point it went "hiisssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," my car now seems to have a dehydration problem. On Saturday I noticed how the temperature was running 'a little hot' aka 'Hell, in a radiator.' I stopped to check the water and much to my horror the car seemed to be cooling itself with not a lot more then the air in the radiator. I limped it home, where I refilled the radiator with a gallon of water. Well 2 days later and I was on my way to work this morning and the same thing has happened again. Now I wouldn't mind so much if I had an idea where it was going, but to be honest it seems to be evaporating. Radiator leeks can be ruled out because there is no leakage showing anywhere and no wet patches on the floor when stood still for a while. So, it must only go one other place, via the head gasket into the cylinder and out the exhaust. Well past experience tells me that you should either see steam or dripping coming out of the exhaust when this happens, and I have seen neither. No treacle in the oil either, so I am at a loss as to where it is going.

There's only one thing for it.

Off to the auction.