King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, October 11

Another year older, another year wiser?

Yes, it's official. I am now old as of today. Where as yesterday I could be classed as my early thirties, I am now classed as my mid thirties. I find myself listening to Radio 2, and enjoying it. I try to avoid watching top of the pops, but when I do watch it, I find that 9 out of 10 tracks sound the same and I dislike them.

I find I am enjoying the experience of cooking, not only for others, but also for myself. I'd prefer to spend the evening in with good company, then go out on a Friday night clubbing. I have a preference for different kinds of wines, and very rarely can be found drinking lager. I enjoy shopping in B&Q and other DIY stores, and actually find myself talking to the plumbing expert about my ignorances. I dribble as I walk down the power tool aisle. I get junk mail everyday, offering me mortgages, loans and credit cards. If I returned the application form, I would get automatic approval. If I get stopped by the Police I get let off (*cough*) because I am a respectable age and should "know better."

I have a child like mind that still won't let go though. I still play computer games on a regular basis. I like to go to the funfair or to theme parks. I find myself still watching the better cartoons, and guffawing when the bad guy gets a rake handle in the face. I like to have dance music on in the car with the windows down and loud, although I now know I look a twat when others see me.

Tonight I hope a mate will be coming over, where we tuck into a large bottle of white cider, and drink ourselves into oblivion. Tomorrow I will wake up feeling like crap, and by then the fact I am 33 will have sunk in, and I can get on with my life.