King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, March 29

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

My head is in so much pain. The unfortunate news that I needed to head 448 miles north to the in-laws was met with the usual "It's easier to drive through the night" syndrome. Well leaving yesterday morning (just) as the clocks changed at 1am to 2am, we headed up the delightful UK road network. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy driving, but for some reason this night was particularly tortuous. The usual level of drizzle to be endured for the 60 odd miles to the English border and even more rain by the time we reach the Scottish border, but in general tiredness was kicking in to an extreme level. I was doing well, having a short break at Hilton Park on the M6. I was even not unduly tired by the time we reached our regular brekkie spot at Charnock Richard just outside Preston, but decided that it might be a good time for a nap. 20 minutes later, and feeling refreshed we were back on the road. By the time we were encountering the tourist trap that is the M6 through the lake district, I was really suffering. Tebay is always a favourite stop, so an hours much needed kip and I was back on the straight and narrow. To cap it all, entering Glasgow at about 10:30 only to find that it is the local derby day. Celtic Vs Rangers, and you can imagine the traffic. Now my head was at a point of replying "IP address Not found" and to be honest I was rapidly turning into a vegetable at this point. Fortunately for me it didn't last too long and we were through and out the otherside. A good night's sleep was had by all, and now I am almost (!) looking forward to the journey home. This time it will be in the daytime, and that's final.