King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Wednesday, April 28

In another universe

Scaryduck is asking for your favourite movie quotes. I would like to have included the entire script of Fletch Lives but this would have seemed a little long winded. So I sent in my vote for Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail, and the infamous bridge scene.

Picture the scene. Fletch has just woken up after a long night of passion with his attorney, to find she is dead ("It was good... but not that good") and has to be questioned by the local sheriff.

Sheriff: (friendly) Morning, Mr. Fletcher. I'm Billy Jo Hendrick.
Fletch: (sarcastically) Howdy.
Sheriff: What's your relationship to Amanda Ray?
Fletch: Amanda Ray is - was - my attorney. She was working on my briefs.
Sheriff: You come into town and you all just hit it off?
Fletch: So to speak.
Sheriff: The sparks just flew, that's what you're going to say?
Sheriff: I wonder why things like this don't happen to me.
Fletch: Wonder why....
Sheriff: Did you’ll bring in any posh drugs from California?
Fletch: Just some Beaujolais.
Sheriff: (thinking) Beaujolais?
Fletch: It's a pretty popular drug made from grapes.
Sheriff: You feel like making a statement?
Fletch: (statesmanlike) Yeah...Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
Sheriff: Take this man down to the station!
Fletch: What's the charge?
Sheriff: Pissing me off.
Fletch: Is that a felony or a misdemeanor?

Quiz Time.

Today I am going to take you back to your childhood with questions that will frustrate you, because you know the answers but they have become thoroughly encrusted in cobwebs in the back of your mind. I know, I'm horrible. (Sorry if you are the wrongside of the pond, I have tried to make them as international as possible.)

1. Who solved most of the crimes in Hong Kong Phooey?
2. What was the name of the organised crime gang in Inspector Gadget?
3. Who was Mr. Peevley's assistant?
4. Who was the chief of operations in Battle of the Planets?
5. Who was the velvetty voice of the narrator for Mr. Benn?
6. How did Superted change into his superheroes get up?
7. What was the name of the mad inventor in Wacky Races?
8. It's Friday, It's ten past five, it's...?
9. Which famous comedian was the voice of Willo the Wisp?
10. Can you name the Trumpton fire crew?

Answers will follow in a week or so.