King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Thursday, September 28

One step forward...

Good news: My PC's running very well, after finally getting a program prepared to tackle my truly fragmented drive. 80Gb-odd of files that were 60% fragmented was leading to everything kinda grinding to a halt. Further investigation led to finding "diskeeper," a utility that allowed for repeated defrags of different files in a safe mode, or as a truly versatile program that has taken 5 days, but at least hasn't frozen.

Bad news: I'm back in the docs ("Oh god, not him again") tomorrow. Eversince the whooping cough which cleared up over a year ago, I have had a tickly cough and a sore tummy. I suspected a pulled muscle or two, but in the past week I have developed a rather more sore pain in my chest. Being sure that I'm not having a heart attack (I'm still alive), I was with a customer today who highlighted the possibility of a hiatus hernia. So, upon getting home, I dragged out the NHS direct encyclopedia. Sure enough, it highlights the pain, the whereabouts, and the symptoms to include bad heartburn (something I've had for years), and the possibility that a bad cough can cause it. So off to the docs I go.

Good News: I have finally ordered a 1 Gb memory card for my phone. I can now run Tom Tom for it, using the transmitters to locate myself. All in all a very clever program. Mind you, I haven't got it yet...

Bad News: The Welsh weather's back. Inflatable lifeboats and rubber ducks at the ready...