King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Thursday, November 16

More on Night Terrors

As previously mentioned (here), my son has currently got a problem with night terrors. He doesn't remember it, I know it's going to happen, and so when it does I know what to do. He's always had the same reaction, normally abject terror accompanied with swearing and complete freaking out. No matter what you say to console him helps, so I normally just say "John, it's just a bad dream, go back to sleep." He normally then looks around a bit, realises what's happened, and then turns over and returns to the land of nod. No more is said.

Until last night. Last night, he'd left his TV on (probably watching the thing on TV all about the Townsend Thoreson disaster). I went in about 11:30 as normal, to turn on his radio and to check on him. He sat up, shouted "Shitting hell!" and I knew what was happening. I turned to him, and he then said...

"Who are you?"

I laughed. I didn't know what to say, so I said the obvious answer "John, it's ok, it's your Dad." Disdainfully he looked back at me, looked me in the eye and said "No you're not."

Is there something he thinks I should know.