King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, March 19

Top Comedians

Last night on Channel 4 was a 4 hour marathon counting down the public's favourite standups. This led me to thinking who I would choose as my top 10 and why, and I thought I'd share it with you. Do you have anyone I've missed out?

10. Tommy Cooper - Probably my father's favourite. His magic and monologues always are refreshingly different from everyone else.
9. Jack Dee - Quite boring most of the time, but when he gets people to text him, I'm laughing like a loon.
8. Frank Skinner - He always gives the impression he would put anyone at ease, making his monologues funnier.
7. Richard Jeni - Unknown, he's always had me laughing.
6. Al Murray - His opening routine of talking to the audience is priceless
5. Tim Vine - Not on the rundown at all last night, which I think is a shame. He's clean, and very funny.
4. Jasper Carrott - Still an original when it comes to story telling.
3. Jim Davidson - Yes, I'm the one who likes him. I know he's not PC, but this makes him funnier.
2. Lee Evans - Monkey boy. His energy knows no bounds.
1. Billy Connelly - He was number 1 last night, and deservedly so. He has a different act each time he appears on stage, which shows real talent.

And at the bottom of the barrel is:

Ricky Gervais. He's never been funny.