King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Saturday, June 2

What time???

It's cold, it's late, I'm tired, and I've just spent 5 hours writing a program from scratch to help people learn about syntax and logical errors. One of the most common things people say to me is "I've been emailing someone, but I get it back saying recipient not found." A quick check by me finds a capital in the wrong place or substituted characters especially when it comes to punctuation. So, I decided I'm going to write a quick game to test this.

See what you think

http://www.rikaitch.plus.com/emailtest.exe

It's very basic, and there's no sound or anything posh. It's 35 levels, starting off with simple email addresses, and it moves up through adding characters, adding capitals, and adding punctuation, to tricking you. Each character you type wrong is shown in red, and each one looses you a life. When you have no lives left, it's game over. I get to level 35 *quite* easily, but it can be difficult.