King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, December 8

Christmas Songs

Ok, hands up who hates Christmas songs?

*Puts hands up*

Admittedly, the repeated success in the 70s of Slade or Wizzard shows that we did like the general cheesiness of such ditties, but nowadays it's all X-factor or has-beens with really cheaply made manufactured pop that no one enjoys.

The One Show decided to find out what we like about the old songs, and produced a new one. I know it's not my days for videos, but I have to show this. It's certainly catchy, Chris Difford (former writer of Squeeze) has stepped up to the post and produced a most excellent Christmas song. He's taken everything that make it listen worthy, and whilst my father (he of "bah humbug" himself) won't like it, I'm sure everyone else will.