King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, December 15

The local's guide to Christmas

Here, for your enjoyment, is the English guide to what people say at Christmas, and what they really mean.
  • Hasn't this Christmas just dragged on this year? - I really shouldn't have put my lights up back in October.
  • It's a great gift idea - It'll never sell at any other time.
  • No officer, I've only had the one glass of sherry - Yous me fuggin' bes' mate *hic*
  • Oh, look, a card from the neighbours - Those bastards still have my lawn mower.
  • Yes, of course John will want to play with a radio controlled helicopter - It's me who enjoys all these toys.
  • (one just for Wales) The prospects of a white Christmas are looking good - It's going to rain.
  • What's your bet on the Christmas number one this year? - I don't give a toss. Just bring back Slade.
Got any more?