King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Saturday, April 25

The best job in the world, evah

Yes, so I have a job. Yesterday, I got the call I'd been expecting.
"Hiya mate, it's Tony from Maplin."
"Oh, that's funny. I'm just on my way down there, because I need some thermal paste" (Don't ask)
"Oh, great. We can have a chat then then."
It was at this point I knew I had the job for sure. If I hadn't, he would have told me on the phone.
Maplin, for those not initiated, is the big boy's toy shop. It does normal boys' toys like radio controlled cars, planes, helicopters, tanks, grannies in wheelchairs (!) and even some animals. It also does PC stuff, but this is normally quite expensive. It was, when I first dealt with them over 20 years ago, an electronic components supplier, and this is what they value my services for.
Admittedly, I'm not going to make my million working there. I'm going to be low paid, and only there for 3 shifts a week, but it's not about the money. A really nice thing was when I'd had been officially offered the post, and as I was leaving, he said to me, "it has to be said. I'm really looking forward to working with you."
I have to agree. Could it be the best job ever? Watch this space.