King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Friday, August 7

R.I.P. John Hughes

It was late last night, I noticed on my BBC news feed that John Hughes (the director, not my son) had sadly passed away in New York from a heart attack. Possibly one of the greatest comedy film directors of all time, his early films like the Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink defined an era. Later on, some true greats came to light. Who can forget the wonderful "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," with the death of a Ferrari 250 GT California in spectacular style, or "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" with the waking up scene.
Later on, he really pushed the boat out. In what has to be one of my single favourite comedy scenes of any film, a little boy defends his home from Daniel Stern and Lou Pesci. In true roadrunner/wile e coyote style, you are treated to one painful howler after another. I am of course referring to "Home Alone."
Rest in Peace, John Hughes. You entertained a generation