In the meantime, for your entertainment, are some quotes that the techie amongst you will appreciate.
- There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. (My favourite)
- Debugging: Removing the needles from the haystack.
- "The primary purpose of the DATA statement is to give names to constants; instead of referring to pi as 3.141592653589793 at every appearance, the variable PI can be given that value with a DATA statement and used instead of the longer form of the constant. This also simplifies modifying the program, should the value of pi change." (Pi might change???)
- C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg. (Foot in yourself shoot programmers Forth)
- Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science.
- Computer interfaces and user interfaces are as different as night and 1. (Oh, how true.)
- The computer is mightier than the pen, the sword, and usually the programmer. (and it'll take over the world one day.)
- It's 5:50 a.m., Do you know where your stack pointer is? (If you're still up at 5:50am, I'm guessing not.)
- There are two ways to write error-free programs. (Only the third one works.)
Have a good weekend y'all!