King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, January 31

On Kid's Stories

Someone told me this story a few years ago, and I don't think I've ever told it on here, so I thought I should share it with you all. The person in question is a teacher of primary school children, and had an idea to increase their vocabulary. It was quite simple, in that she had some quite adult words in a hat, and the 9 year old children had to pick one, take it home, find out what it meant, and then write a short story involving that word. Poor little Johnny (although this is for comedy purposes, I gather the real writer was a rather bright little girl) took the word "Frugal" home and looked it up in his Dad's concise dictionary. It reported to him it meant "to save," and so he came up with this story.

There was a poor princess, who lived with her evil stepfather. He locked her in a tower, were she would sit every day, and watch from the window. One day a handsome prince rode past on his horse.

"Frugal me, frugal me!" she cried from the window.

So the handsome prince climbed up the tower, frugalled her, and they lived happily ever after.