King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Friday, March 3

Apologies

I must apologise for not posting recently, but this is for two reasons.

Firstly, I have a new toy. I managed to get myself one of those things you’ve always wanted, namely in my case a Volvo 480. Volvo’s are hardly sporty, but this is the one attempt they made to make a sporty one, back in the mid 80s. It’s a nifty looking car, not dissimilar to the Honda Civic R, but has pop up headlights and everything. The engine is all good, and the car is quite tidy, but it’s failed the MOT miserably on the disintegration of the rear wheel arches. They are a very common part of the car to rust, and quite frankly the ones that are on it are beyond repair, so I am going to replace them with fresh new ones soon.



This leads to my second point… I have been working my guts out getting ready for my sojourn stateside in less then 2 weeks time. I am flying out from Heathrow on Wednesday the 15th at 12:20, meaning I have to be in Heathrow for 9:20. We will be leaving here at about 5:30 in the morning, and my best mate Adrian will be accompanying us up so he can bring the car back. The flight will take us to Chicago, a city I’ve always wanted to see, arriving at 3:10pm their time. I then have a 4 hour wait and little possibility of leaving the airport to head into downtown, but ho hum. I leave Chicago and then fly direct to Tampa arriving at about 10:30 their time (3:30am our time), and after leaving the airport and settling down at my sister’s place it’ll be close to midnight, meaning I will have the delight of being up for 24 hours. I can see us spending the first day there sleeping. So far the tally of jobs waiting for me when I get there are 4 PCs my dad has broken, my sister’s pc, my sister’s laptop, my dad’s friend’s AOL (yes I know!) and my brother in law’s surround sound system. Keep me busy, and I’m a happy man.

In the meantime, I might post one more time before I go, but if not I’ll do a full day to day whilst away.