King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Sunday, November 2

An Update from BLS

I wanted to give everyone an update on our niece, Claire Stewart. A few weeks ago her community in Atlanta, GA, organized a fundraiser fun run that ended up with more than 1,000 attendees! And over $40,000 was raised!!! Claire is doing miraculously well. It’s hard to believe that she survived such a horrific accident, and has made such great steps towards recovery. Below are a few pictures of Claire (fondly known as Claire Bear by me and Cuz’n Doug).

Claire when she was coming out of her coma, after 3 weeks


Claire, Doug, Carys and me at the Fun Run


Claire, yesterday, at her rehab’s Halloween party

She still has a long way to go, but, and I apologise to the non-religious people, we truly believe God has done wonders, and will continue to do so

Underneath is the latest entry (from Friday) from Claire’s mum, Cuz’n Doug’s sister, Debra. [Debra is an amazing lady, and such an inspiration]

Boo. This is our favorite time of the year. The house is decorated properly. The children are tingling with excitement for the expected treats coming their way. My children are going trick-or-treating tonight. Claire calls me a worry-wart but I do worry about her walking around in the dark. Her therapist again reminded me she must be under adult supervision at all times. Claire fights this every day. She wants to walk. Alone. I have a plan for tonight. Claire has to show Kelly (her step-sister)and Alex (age four) the ropes, right? By chance, her father will be tagging along. Claire must stay with Kelly tonight. Claire tries to comfort me by telling me if she falls, she will call me. No no no.
Teen tips I have learned:
Scarguard really works, especially on facial scars. Can be found at Wal-Mart.
Acne problems. O' Boy. This has become a BIG problem. After trying different products, we hit on success.
AcneFree - three step process, helped, but more was needed. Added AcneFree Terminator 10. Two times daily. That did the trick.
Have a Safe and Fun Halloween.
Love and God Bless,
Debra
PS: Claire just came home with good news. The Pathway's doctor said she doesn't need to use the walker anymore. She started rehab 5 weeks ago and could barely walk. Amazing progress she has made.