King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Tuesday, March 31

The first day of the rest of my life.

Heartless people, lonely people, people who don't believe in true love or people who aren't romantic or soppy, please skip today's post.

This is "Bertie." Staying true to my keeping relatively anonymous, this isn't her real name. Admittedly, it's her nickname of choice, but Bertie's the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

People have commented on facebook as to how good we look together. I have to agree, like one of those ying and yang images, we seem to just match each other. (I know, pass the bucket)

BLS said I shouldn't post this. Bertie said I could. I feel I have to. Bertie knows about Chris, Chris knows about Bertie, and both know how unhappy I have been for many years. This is why I have a permenant smile on my face, and those that know me have said they haven't seen me this happy for years, and in most cases, at all. Bertie is the reason I renovated my lounge, Bertie is the reason I sleep so well at night, and Bertie is the reason I can say with pride that I'm like a teenager in love for the first time. (I know, pass the bucket)

Last night, in a flood of emotion, I cried. Not just shedding a tear, but a full blown blubbering like a baby. I was on my own, it was dark,I was talking on messenger, but I couldn't hold back anymore. Like the floodgates that wouldn't open, the lock became unstuck, and the sheer relief I could be loved finally made me break down into the gibbering wreck I became for the next 10 minutes. I know I could be wearing my heart on my sleeve, I know I could be hurt, but I think I'd sense if something wasn't genuine. It's so nice to have someone want to be with me, you have no idea the relief, the full blown relief that now flows through my veins. I can see why love is associated with the heart, because mine has never worked so well, and for such a strong reason. (I know, pass the bucket)

Soppy spell over. Normal service will be resumed etc etc tomorrow.