1. In which film did Elvis Presley play the role of a boxer? Kid Galahad
2. Which outlaw was killed by Bob Ford? Jesse James
3. Who was Tsar Nicholas II's youngest daughter? Anastasia
4. In the Bible, whose parents were Zacharias and Elizabeth? John the Baptist
5. Tariffs and quotas are some of the weapons used in which kind of war? Trade
6. If you had tinnitus, from what would you be suffering? Ringing or buzzing in the ears
7. Who was the creator of fictional detective Mike Hammer? Mickey Spillane
8. In which sport has Stephen Roche achieved success? (being the world's most boring commentator?) Cycling.
9. Which country is the home of feta cheese? Greece
10. Larry Hagman is the son of which actress? Mary Martin
11. What was once called a brimstone? Sulphur
12. Whose autobiography was entitled "Is that it?" ? Bob Geldof
13. What does a protractor measure? Angles
14. Who said the famous phrase 'An army marches on its stomach'? Napoleon
15. Fats Waller was famous as a player of which instrument? Piano
16. What name is given to the person authorized to vote on behalf of someone else? Proxy
17. Which well-loved cartoon animal made his debut in 1937? Bugs Bunny
18. Iceland and the United Kingdom broke off diplomatic relations in 1976. What particular problem caused the split? Cod-fishing rights
19. Who defined democracy as 'government of the people, by the people, for the people'? Abraham Lincoln
20. In which war were the battles of Bunker Hill and Brandywine Creek fought? War of American Independence
And I'm pleased to announce that new reader (or existing lurker) Katy is the winner with 15. Give yourself a pat on the back.
And now, some really hard questions. Answers, as usual, in the comments box thingy. For those that don't know there is a comments thingy (yes, they do exist) click on the sheep reference under this post (probably where it says A furious flock etc etc)
- Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- Would a fly without wings be called a walk?
- Why do steam irons have a permanent press setting?
- Can you be a closet claustrophobic?
- Does the Postmaster General need a stamp of approval?
- Why is the word abbreviation so long?
- Is it possible to be totally partial?
- What's another word for thesaurus?
- If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success?
- If the funeral procession is at night, do folks drive with their lights off?
- When companies ship styrofoam, what do they pack it in?
- If a stealth bomber crashes in a forest, will it make a sound?
- If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
- If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?
- If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?
- When it rains, why don't sheep shrink?
- Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?
- Do cemetery workers prefer the graveyard shift?
- What do you do when you see an endangered animal that eats only endangered plants?
- Do hungry crows have ravenous appetites?
- Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?