King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Tuesday, May 5

Shopping for abbreviations, or abbreviations for shopping

I recently got a book full of useless facts. One of the useless facts was what MFI stands for. I was always taught it stood for "Made for Idiots" but it isn't the case, surprisingly. I was also always taught that C & A was short for Cheap and Awful, or the dirty version which I won't go into on here. So, this got me thinking (yes bertie, I know; "Careful") how many of you know what else they do or could stand for. Apologies if you haven't heard of these shops, because a lot of them are only in UK 'enterprise' zones out of towns.
  • MFI
  • C&A
  • HMV
  • Tesco
  • Asda
  • DFS
  • B&Q
  • JJB
  • BHS
  • TK Maxx
  • Lego (for Mosh)
  • Qantas (also for Mosh)
Bonus points for inventiveness. Fire away!