King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Monday, January 18

On being dense.

This might shock some of you, but according to my Body Mass Index I'm obese. I've always been heavy, I've always been big, and I've always been stocky. But, I've also argued that my bone density or something must be high as well, because no matter what I've done, I've always been obese or above. It turns out that this is probably why I have size 15 plates of meat at the end of my legs, as a report issued last week will testify to.
But, and this will surprise you, John's results are even more staggering. Those that have seen John know he's tiny. He's the smallest in his year at school now, and hasn't an ounce of fat on his body. He is very strong (as his punches that cause dead legs/arms prove), but he's hardly a beef cake. So, according to the BMI table, he's at best overweight, at worst obese.

Yes, I know, bad isn't it. This just goes to show how unreliable the BMI system really is. They need to take into considerations like proportions of parts of the body, strength and body fat indexes, and general measurements like chest size, width of shoulders, length of bones etc. Then maybe we can stop worrying about being a dieting nation, and start to look into people like me who really need to loose weight, not people like John who don't need to worry.