King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Tuesday, February 9

On the art of Salesmanship...

My father bought a sheep (don't ask) from a farmer for £100, and the farmer agreed to deliver the sheep to him the next day. The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The sheep's deaded."
Dad replied, "Well then just give me my money back, and all will be fine."
To which the farmer said, "I'm sorry, I can't do that. I've already spent it."
He then suggested, "OK, then, just bring me the dead sheep."
The farmer then enquired,  "But what are you going to do with it?" and he replied, "I'm going to raffle it off."
"You can't raffle a dead sheep!" came the reply.
"Of course I can. Watch me... I just won't tell anybody it's deaded."

A month later, the farmer bumped into my father and asked, "So, what happened with that dead sheep?"
He replied, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at £2 each and made a profit of £898"
The farmer asked, "Didn't anyone complain?"

Dad just said, 'Only the winner. So I gave him his £2 back.'

Is it any wonder after working for banks for years.