King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Tuesday, May 25

More movie quotes

First of all, here are the answers to last week's quiz...
  1. "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it." - TERRY MALLOY (Marlon Brando) in On the Waterfront (1954)
  2. "We all go a little mad sometimes." - NORMAN BATES (Anthony Perkins) in Psycho (1960)
  3. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me." - BEN BRADDOCK (Dustin Hoffman) in The Graduate (1967)
  4. "Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love." - ALVY SINGER (Woody Allen) in Annie Hall (1977)
  5. "She's my daughter! She's my sister! She's my daughter! My sister, my daughter. She's my sister and my daughter." - EVELYN CROSS MULWRAY (Faye Dunaway) in Chinatown (1974)
  6. "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." - DAVE BOWMAN (Keir Dullea) in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
  7. "Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape." - TAYLOR (Charlton Heston) in Planet of the Apes (1968)
  8. "Because when you're a call girl, you control it, that's why. Because someone wants you...and for an hour...I'm the best actress in the world." - BREE DANIEL (Jane Fonda) in Klute (1971)
  9. "Hitler was better-looking than Churchill, he was a better dresser than Churchill, he had more hair, he told funnier jokes, and he could dance the pants off of Churchill!" - FRANZ LIEBKIND (Kenneth Mars) in The Producers (1968)
  10. "No, I'm all man. I even fought in WWII. Of course, I was wearing women's undergarments under my uniform." - ED WOOD (Johnny Depp) in Ed Wood (1994)
  11. "Your mother's in here with us, Karras. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it." - REGAN MacNEIL/SATAN (Linda Blair) in The Exorcist (1973)
  12. "You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass." - MARCELLUS WALLACE (Ving Rhames) in Pulp Fiction (1994)
  13. "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." - FRENCH SOLDIER (John Cleese) in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  14. "He won't come after me. He won't. I can't explain it. He would consider that...rude." - CLARICE STARLING (Jodie Foster) in The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
  15. "Excuse me while I whip this out." - BART (Cleavon Little) in Blazing Saddles (1974)
  16. "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!" - AURIC GOLDFINGER (Gert Frobe) in Goldfinger (1964)
  17. "I'm your worst f---ing nightmare, man. I'm a nigger with a badge." - REGGIE HAMMOND (Eddie Murphy) in 48 HRS. (1982)
  18. "Kid, the next time I say, 'Let's go someplace like Bolivia,' let's go someplace like Bolivia." - BUTCH CASSIDY (Paul Newman) in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
  19. "Wendy? Darling? Light of my life?...I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the f--- in!" - JACK TORRANCE (Jack Nicholson) in The Shining (1980)
  20. "I just hate you and I hate your ass face." - CORKY ST. CLAIR (Christopher Guest) in Waiting for Guffman (1996)
  21. "You shoot off a guy's head with his pants down, believe me, Texas is not the place you wanna get caught." - LOUISE (Susan Sarandon) in Thelma & Louise (1991)
  22. "And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper." - MARGE GUNDERSON (Frances McDormand) in Fargo (1996)
  23. "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - VERBAL KINT (Kevin Spacey) in The Usual Suspects (1995)
  24. "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf." - DAVID ST. HUBBINS (Michael McKean) in This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
  25. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man: I get older, they stay the same age." - WOODERSON (Matthew McConaughey) in Dazed and Confused (1993)
And secondly, I need your suggestions. Next week, as you all know, is a long awaited trip to London for TDT, John and myself. The Saturday is going to be spent doing very little after our long trip up. The Sunday is going to be spent during the day, watching the motorsport event where racing returns to Crystal Palace for the first time in nearly 40 years.


On the Sunday evening, we will be getting thoroughly drunk with old school friends. I have to say, I am looking forward to this so much. It'll be nice to compare notes on how our lives have changed. On the Monday, we'll be touring the big smoke itself. The usual thing, Buck House, Tower Bridge, Oxford Street, with a few stops here and there. Dunno about the evening yet.

Now here's my quandry. Those readers local to London or others who know it well might have suggestions. on the Tuesday we're open to ideas. I have said about South Kensington and a museum or two (science, natural history), and maybe Harrods. Or, if the weather's nice, Brighton, which is less than an hour away from where we'll be. Or more locally, a visit to Croydon to see just how much it's changed since I was there. But if you have any ideas, please throw them into the hat. I don't want to be driving more than an hour, and it has to be something all three of us will enjoy. Suggest-o!