King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Tuesday, May 18

More on Answers

Ok, so it's time to put you out of your misery...

A: Alien - The point goes to Bryn. TRT was close, but I tried to make each film the first if it had a sequel.
B: Bedazzled - TRT got this instead.
C: Caddyshack - Newcomer Alfred got it. Well done.
D: Deep Impact - This was too long. Alfred got it again.
E: Escape from New York - If you listen carefully you'll hear, "I heard you were dead." No one got it.
F: Fantastic Four. - Alfred got in there.
G: Ghost - Easy Peasy. TRT got it.
H: Hackers - Another Newcomer, Bobjupp, got it.
I: I, Robot - The Isaac Asimov classic, gotten by TRT
J: Jaws - Another easy peasy quote. TRT got it as well.
K: Karate Kid - TRT san got it.
L: Lethal Weapon - Bryn got there first.
M: Mad Max - I know I know, it was hard. Just call me evil.
N: Naked Gun - With the best scene of the entire film. TRT was the victor.
O: Ocean's 11 - Great film. Bryn got it.
P: Police Academy - Back in the days when it was funny.
Q: Quadrophenia - I never got this film. TRT obviously did.
R: Rambo - The original and the best in my opinion. The Druid Bryn got this as well.
S: Saturday Night Fever - I didn't even need the video. The music would have given it away. TRT was dancing.
T: Tango and Cash - Bobjupp got this Hollywood Pap.
U: Untouchables - A great film. TRT was untouchable.
V: Vertigo - I had to include this best single scene of fear. Hitchcock knew what he was doing. So did TRT
W: Wall-E - The lovable character was obvious, even briefly. Unlike TRT, who's never lovable.
X: X-men - Not that many films beginning with X. TRT was using the force.
Y: Young Guns - A most excellent version of the tale of Billy the Kid. And the most excellent Alfred was there first.
Z: Zorba the Greek - Again, not many films beginning with Z. Bryn summed it up.

Here for you to ponder are some film quotes. Can you name the films, actors and years?
  1. "I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it."
  2. "We all go a little mad sometimes."
  3. "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me."
  4. "Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love."
  5. "She's my daughter! She's my sister! She's my daughter! My sister, my daughter. She's my sister and my daughter."
  6. "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."
  7. "Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape."
  8. "Because when you're a call girl, you control it, that's why. Because someone wants you...and for an hour...I'm the best actress in the world."
  9. "Hitler was better-looking than Churchill, he was a better dresser than Churchill, he had more hair, he told funnier jokes, and he could dance the pants off of Churchill!"
  10. "No, I'm all man. I even fought in WWII. Of course, I was wearing women's undergarments under my uniform."
  11. "Your mother's in here with us, Karras. Would you like to leave a message? I'll see that she gets it."
  12. "You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."
  13. "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
  14. "He won't come after me. He won't. I can't explain it. He would consider that...rude."
  15. "Excuse me while I whip this out."
  16. "No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!"
  17. "I'm your worst f---ing nightmare, man. I'm a nigger with a badge."
  18. "Kid, the next time I say, 'Let's go someplace like Bolivia,' let's go someplace like Bolivia."
  19. "Wendy? Darling? Light of my life?...I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the fuck in!"
  20. "I just hate you and I hate your ass face."
  21. "You shoot off a guy's head with his pants down, believe me, Texas is not the place you wanna get caught."
  22. "And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper."
  23. "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  24. "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf."
  25. "That's what I love about these high school girls, man: I get older, they stay the same age."