King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Wednesday, August 25

On being unconventionally funny...

My father keeps sending me emails with the subject "Tommy Cooper Quotes." As a fan of Tim Vine, I know they're mostly his, not the big Welsh magician's. When I tried to show my father Tim Vine's DVD a few years ago, he was convinced he wouldn't like it, so he didn't pay attention. The reality is he's won many awards since the Perrier Award at Edinburgh, most recently best one liner at the Edinburgh Fringe this year with "I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again."
He's clean and he's very very quick. Sometimes too quick, and no matter who you are, you find yourself trying to remember all the jokes, and not one sinks in.
Let me show you what I mean...

I love the groaning, mixed so well with the laughter. The jokes are simple, quick and clean, and so so refreshing.
He was on the new yesterday, on the BBC News Channel. What he does next is not only funny, it's inspired!
Meanwhile, another comedian was outraged. Outraged I tell you...
Enjoy.