|Paddy Pie. Now with added heart attack.|
4 x Sausages, ideally good high content pork ones, but the cheap nasty ones will do.
4 rashers of rindless bacon
1 onion (This is optional, Dad.)
Mushroom (either or both can be missed out if need be)
Eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. (Mine required 8 eggs and an additional for brushing the pastry)
- Get hangover. This is true hangover food.
- Cook the sausages and bacon to how you'd normally like them. In my case, cremated. In TDT's case, raw and rubbery.
- Line a greased deep 8" pie dish with the pastry. Don't prick it, you don't need to.
- Put in the sausages and bacon, trying to lay it out evenly.
- Slices of tomato and mushroom to be distributed as needed.
- A nice layer of onion. I just cut the onion into 8 slices.
- Now the techy bit. Break the eggs into a cup/ramekin, then gently pour it into the pie gaps. Do this until all the gaps are filled. Obviously, this depends on the size of the bacon, sausages and other things.
- Cover over with the top of puff pastry. Again, do not prick.
- Place in oven at 200c or 400f for 45 minutes(ish)
- Take out of the oven and eat a lot less then you'd think you can. It's surprisingly filling. Fruity Sauce is a must!
- Call ambulance for suspected coronary.