King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Tuesday, July 17

Do Insurance Companies live in their own little worlds?

"Plop" went my letterbox as the usual 32 envelopes offering me lifetime cover with Saga or a new credit card dropped onto the doormat. Filtering through, and the renewal quote on my car insurance turned up, and I tore it open with some trepidation.

I wish I wouldn't. You'd think, not having a claim, not moving, nothing really happening, your premium would go down. Mine went up by £9.

I phoned the Post Office, who told me that it was really the cheapest they could offer, so I told them they're living in cloud cuckoo land. In the meantime, my email box was shouting "hey I've got email" as my other quotes came in.

Confused.com is now a good site. It used to be run by a company, but now is what you'd expect. The £295 quoted to me by the Post Office was a good deal, but not the best. I was quoted £275 as the cheapest.

For some reason, confused.com was confused itself, and a lot of the companies were unable to quote. But one of the list was the RAC, and seeing as I have roadside recovery with them, I thought 'in for a penny' and gave them a call.

£191 all in. Staggering is not the word. I'm not bothering checking anywhere else, I'm not going to waste my time.