King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Wednesday, January 28

Musicals

I hate musicals. All that singing and dancing, I can't think of anything less entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I love a sing along in the car myself sometimes. This does not mean I want to go along to a cinema or theatre and join in on some well known songs bigging up some Dickens tale or commemorating a well known rock band.
Of course, there is an exception to the rule. 29 years ago, John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd (two well known singers!) teamed up with great singers like James Brown, Cab Callaway and Aretha Franklin to make the truly monumental film that is the Blues Brothers.
My favourite song is when they try to buy some instruments, and the shop owner is Ray Charles. They try to knock off some money from the price, and then he demonstrates that the equipment is working ok, in the only style he can.

Of course, this cult classic isn't only famous for it's music. It has one of the best car chases in history, right up there with Bullitt, the French Connection and the Italian Job.
Unfortunately, the whole chase isn't anywhere to be seen on the net, and so I found this instead.
Enjoy.