King of Excellent (according to Scaryduck)

Thursday, March 25

On being stressed.


I'm stressed. Not quite as badly as the chap above, but preparations for my first ever drive to Ireland are taking their toll. I feel better today than I have for the past few days, having a dodgy dizzy spell a few nights ago. I shouldn't be worrying. Over 2 weeks with TDT is going to be bliss, and with the weather a bit better we can even get out and about. I'm going to be mobile, what with having Chemo over there with me. So what's to be stressed about?
  • The car's not running right. This means we might break down somewhere between here and there, and knowing my luck it'll be that side of the Irish Sea so I'm not covered by breakdown services.
  • Every time I have gone to Ireland, I have a deluge of calls regarding work. This means that I am stupidly busy before and after the trip. Too much to do, so little time.
  • When I get home I will have a couple of days before John's 16. This means a whole lot of things to do for him for his birthday. Namely getting him on the road, because he's going to be riding a scooter. This involves getting the scooter up to date, MOT etc. Then insurance. Then his licence. Then CBT. It'll be a lot to do, and all will have it's added expense.
But, the really silly thing is, even I know I shouldn't be that stressed over silly things like that. I know everything will be ok, and yet I wake up at night in a cold sweat. I dream dreams that make no sense at all. I have broken out in eczema, something that shows I'm stressed. And I have no idea why.

The best thing is TDT doesn't know when we're going. We're going to surprise her. She's getting just as wound up as me, but the look on her face is going to be a picture when we get there. In fact, I'll have the camera ready, so you can all have a chuckle.